How Manufacturers Can Help Support American Manufacturing
- Offer scholarships and internship programs to students entering the machining and manufacturing field.
- Attend job fairs to help educate students about the exciting and rewarding careers available in manufacturing.
- Educate students in what is required for a career in manufacturing.
- Help elevate the status of manufacturing careers through education and the need for a highly skilled and technical workforce.
- Build a skilled workforce.
- Support continuing education and lean manufacturing practices.
- Spread the word by promoting “American Made” products
- Distribute imprinted products and promotional corporate giveaways such as American tee shirts, business pens, personalized calendars, custom mugs and other products that encourage consumers to “Buy American”.
- Buy American parts and supplies whenever possible
- Support American manufacturing organizations and associations
- Communicate with your legislators and stay involved
- Support policies that advance American manufacturing